We are about all this and more!
Stone Oak Cumberland Presbyterian Church (SOCPC) is a church home with plenty of opportunities to worship, learn, serve, suggest, lead, and more! We invite all, young, old, in between, married, single, families with children, families without children, to find a ministry or service that calls them, become involved, and meet wonderful new friends.
When do we pray, study and worship?
- The Worship Service starts promptly at 10:30 a.m. (We offer a Sunday Worship Nursery and Crying Room.)
- We serve Holy Communion on the 1st Sunday of each month.
Study and Prayer Schedules:
- Start with Sunday School at 9:00 a.m. We'll make the coffee.
- Between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., we share morning fellowship over coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
- Our Women’s Bible Study, led by Mary Sue Adams, meets at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, in the Quilting Room, downstairs from the Sanctuary, and is often followed by the participants going to get some lunch together.
- The Men’s Prayer Breakfast Group gathers at 8:00 a.m. on the 1st Saturday of each month. Breakfast, coffee, prayer, discussion and fellowship are the order of the day.
- Please check our the blog S.U.P.V., short for "Straight Up Prayer Vigil" which is written by Laura McCroskey, with input from church members, noting specific praise and prayer for all to concentrate on in their weekly devotions.
- A Thursday Evening Prayer Group meets in our Sanctuary at 6:30 p.m. with Rev. Colvard.
- We send out a "We Care Mail" whenever needed; an email with newly received prayer requests from church members for anyone in need of prayer, as well as sharing prayers of praise for blessings received.
- Young Disciples - our Children's Sermon time is hosted by a revolving set of both our Pastor and highly motivated and interested church members. Following our Children's Sermon, the children are invited to attend Children's Church for a brief lesson followed by time in the Church Nursery with fun activities.