Stone Oak Church Mothers' Day Out
- Meet the Teacher night is on September 1 at 6:00 p.m.
- The first day of school is Tuesday, September 6 at 9:00 a.m.
- We are currently enrolling children for the 2016-2017 school year and are happy to say that we have spots available!
Direct Telephone #: 210-497-8040
We welcome your call of inquiry, or you can ask for an appointment to come meet with the Director and tour the facilities.
Fax #: 210-497-8724
Director: Ami Draheim - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director: Brandi Meek
Teaching Staff: Ms. Tina, Ms. Angela, Ms. Amy, Ms Janeen, Ms. Brandi, Ms. Letty, Ms. Adriana, and Ms. Deborah
The entire staff at SOCPC MDO is CPR/1st Aid certified and has undergone a background check.
The mission of the Stone Oak Cumberland Presbyterian Mother’s Day Out Program is to provide a nurturing, loving and stimulating environment from which our children will take with them a positive first educational experience. This is a fun-filled time of learning through exploration and play. Children participate in circle time, learn songs, listen to stories and play simple games that allow them to acquire and hone important skills such as learning their colors and shapes. Lots of hands-on art and sensory projects are introduced in all classrooms to engage their creativity and fine motor skills. We even offer Spanish lessons, a valuable skill in this bi-cultural city. All children get at least 30 minutes of outdoor play in our fenced playground, weather permitting, of course. All children attend Chapel, and participate in daily prayer, listen to Bible stories and learn Christian values.
Goals in each of the classrooms include the following, and are based on age and development level:
- Provide a nurturing, flexible and calm environment where physical affection is freely given and each child’s individual
physical needs are met
- Build healthy self-esteem and promote healthy emotional and social growth even as we instill a sensitivity towards others, thereby building the foundations for respecting others, as we, ourselves, model acceptable behavior
- Encourage independence
- Teach respect for the environment, equipment and materials
- Encourage curiosity
- Promote intellectual growth by providing an atmosphere where our children can discover and explore
- Help prepare our 4-year olds for the transition to Kindergarten.
Information about our schedule and class assignments:
Our program is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. We follow the NEISD calendar during the school year. Our age cut-off is the same as that of the NEISD: September 1st.
Children enrolled into our MDO program are carefully divided by age group in four classrooms:
- Giraffe Room for ages 18 months to 2 years
- Bear Room for our two-year olds
- Lion Room for our three-year olds
- Monkey Room for our four-year olds
For the 2016-2017 school year, the following per-child fees will apply:
Non-refundable Registration Fee per FAMILY
Supply Fee, per child, due on August 1 of each school year
Monthly tuition fee for the Giraffe class (9a until noon)
- There is a 20% discount for families with two or more children enrolled in the program.
- Those in the toddler class must be 18 months of age BY September 1st of each school year.
- All tuition is due on the first Tuesday of each month. If payment is not made by the second Tuesday of that month, you will be charged a $10.00 late fee.
- School is over promptly at 2:00 p.m. each school day. If you pick up after 2:05 p.m., you will be charged $5.00 for every five minutes you are late.